Sunday, January 22, 2012

SPROUTED BLACK BEAN SLIDERS





I have been sprouting black beans for a few days and TODAY I had to decide what to do with them...Sliders it is. I used to work at the RAW vegan restaurant, Grezzo, once located in the North End. Sliders in a tomato bun with avocado and greens were a HUGE HIT. I miss the food! Check out the owner, Alissa Cohen and Executive Chef Leah Dubious' RAW "cook" book, RAW FOOD FOR EVERYONE. The restaurant is no longer open but the recipes are delicious and beautiful. I often dream of the Brownie Sundae, house-made Pickles and Wraps. Anyway....since I made the decision late morning to make my own version of sliders I had ample time to soak sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomatoes and chia. Ideally the sunflower seeds would be soaked overnight but the 3 hours sufficed.  It was a very quick recipe (minus the 5 days to sprout the beans, but you could always use cooked beans if you are not heart set on a 100% RAW meal). 



INGREDIENTS:
-Sprouted Black Beans, 2 cups
-Soaked Sunflower Seeds, 2 cups
-Sprouts (Broccoli, Clover and Onion), 1/4 c
-Sun dried Tomatoes, 4 ea 
-Parsley, de-stemmed, 1/2 bu
-Red Onion, rough chop, 2 Tbsp
-Garlic, I clove
-Apple Cider Vinegar, dash
-Extra Virgin Olive oil, 1Tbsp
-Ground Cumin, 2 tsp
-Chili Powder, 1 tsp
-Cayenne Pepper, pinch
-Sea Salt to taste
Blend all ingredients until well blended but semi-coarse
-Add Soaked Chia Seeds, 1/4 c
-Pulse until dispersed
-Season to taste
-Use ice cream scoop (1-5/8 oz) to lay out on teflex sheet.
-Place in dehydrator until firm enough to take off teflex sheet and 
  place on screen.
-Continue to dehydrate until desired firmness is achieved



YIELD: 11 SLIDERS




I served  the slider with a Vine-Ripe Tomato bun, RAW Tahini sauce, Pea Greens (dressed with Lemon juice and Extra-Virgin-Olive-Oil) and sliced Avocado garnished with Sprouts and Sea Salt.

4 comments:

  1. mmmmm I have GOT to get that book!! This is RAWESOME!! You are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog...the picture of your salad is beautiful! Definitely check out the book. It's a lot of fun and can give you some more inspiration.

      Delete