Wednesday, January 18, 2012

RAW BURRITO WEDNESDAY


Dan said he wanted burritos for dinner tonight so I made a cooked and RAW version . His version included cooked black beans seasoned with spices, garlic, onion and ginger. I wrapped his up in a whole wheat flat bread (not ideal for wrapping...) note to self. I am still on a HIGH- RAW diet. Since December 31 I've eaten two servings of cooked brown rice and 2 cooked soups. I continue to feel better on a RAW diet with more energy, better digestion and a more balanced mood.

Tonight I made Guacamole, Salsa, Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad with Sunflower Seeds, sliced Red Bell Pepper and Cucumber. I inhaled my meal.... but I look forward to a RAW Chocolate Bar for dessert that Dan picked up for me from Formaggio in the South End.

RAW burrito mise sans Kale Salad




KALE SALAD
-Green Kale, 1/2 bu, de-stemmed, rough chop
-Brussels Sprouts, 5 ea, sliced thin
-Cucumber, 1/4 c, medium dice
-Sunflower Seeds, 1/4 c
-Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 Tbsp
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tsp
-Sea Salt, to taste
*Massage kale with dressing. Let sit at room temperature for an hour to soften before serving



GUACAMOLE
-2 Ripe Avocados
-Red Onion, small dice, 2 Tbsp
-Parsley, de-stemmed, 1/4 cup, chop
-Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil,  1 tsp
-Ground Cumin, to taste
-Sea Salt, to taste
-Cayenne Pepper, dash



SALSA
-Vine Ripe Tomatoes, 2 ea, medium dice
-Red Onion, small diced, 3 Tbsp
-Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped, 1/4 c
-Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon
-Sea Salt, to taste
-Red Chili Flakes, pinch



SLICED VEGGIES
-Cucumber, 1 ea, sliced
-Red Bell Pepper., 1/2, sliced



 COLLARD GREENS
-Collard Greens, de-vein thicker stem
  use 2 to double layer per wrap
*Blanch each leaf to make a more malleable roll


Fillings in double layered Collard Greens


Rolled Collard Green Wrap. Cut in Half to serve


DESSERT





Raw cacao paste, Cacao butter, blue Agave, Virgin coconut oil, cacao powder, Himalayan Sea Salt
Handmade in Brooklyn

4 comments:

  1. I so badly want you to make me a raw burrito.... Please oh please!! it looks soo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello my friend. i will feed you raw meals the next time we are actually home together... burritos will be your first course.

      Delete
  2. me too! me too! me too! although id settle for the guac....

    ReplyDelete