Saturday, January 21, 2012

FARM FRESH IN JANUARY



Last night Dan returned from an afternoon with Marc with a gift.... a bag of farm fresh Pea Greens (green house grown). I had already made my dinner so I plan to incorporate them into our meal tonight. Thanks Marc! Siena Farms is LOCAL and ORGANIC and they have A-M-A-Z-I-N-G produce that is not only delicious but incredibly gorgeous. A serious highlight of the Spring and Summer is visiting the Farmer's Market. My favorite is located at Copley Square on Tuesdays and Fridays. Siena always has a wide variety of produce that is picked that morning. The difference in flavor and nutritional value between a freshly picked tomato and one that travels a week to get to your local grocery store is drastic. They are a major distributor to restaurants in the area as well as holding their own CSA. I plan to sign up for this coming summer as I always enjoy supporting local farms. They also just opened up a year long farm store in the South End. Check it out! sienafarms.com/csa.php  There is a CSA promotion going until February 1st. Sign up before they sell out!

No comments:

Post a Comment