Thursday, January 12, 2012

RAW SNACK TIME


GRANOLA BAR

2 out of 4 bars consumed already

I just found a DEAL... I have recently been craving TWO MOMS IN THE RAW vegan and Gluten-free granola bars. I was getting a single bar for $3.98 at a coffee shop, HOWEVER I just found a 4-pack at a health food store for $8.99. D-E-A-L. I have tried both the Blueberry and Gojiberry Flavors. I have to say I am partial to the blueberry...


ALMOND BUTTER



RAW Almond Butter is high in vitamin E, protein and Manganese. It's also a great source of Copper, Riboflavin, Phosphorus and Magnesium *Artisana. I have been making a quick snack with celery. I am all about easy snacks but Almond butter can be used in a number of recipes such as sauces, granola bars and chocolates.


CASHEWS



Cashews are high in Protein, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Potassium*. I simply eat a handful as a quick snack. Cashews are a staple in RAW food recipes such as cookies, sauces, ice cream, soups etc. I am sure you will see a recipe highlighting cashews in the near future...
*Wood, Rebecca. The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia.


As you can see from the photos I am a fan of the website TheRawFoodWorld.com.  Check it out for RAW food ingredients, supplements and prepared foods. I bought a bundle of supplies before the holidays while they were doing a promotion. The prices are definitely comparable to Health Food stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment