Thursday, January 5, 2012

RAW "Stir Fry"








Tonight I created RAW wraps bursting with lightly dehydrated veggies. It was a quick prep recipe full of vibrant colors and Antioxidants!

INGREDIENTS
-Cherry Tomatoes, 7 ea,   quarter
-Orange Bell Pepper, 1/2, slice
-Broccoli, 1 hd, cut into florets
-Yellow Onion, 1/4, sliced thin
-Shallot, 1/2, sliced
-Garlic, 1 clove, grated
-Lemon Zest, 1/2 tsp
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp
-Sea Salt, to taste
-Ground Cumin, 1/4 tsp
-Red Chili Flakes, pinch
-Dried Oregano, 1/4 tsp

Prepped Veggie Mix

-Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. 
-Lay out evenly on teflex sheet.
-Dehydrate for about an 1 hr at 115 degrees until the veggies
  soften Especially the ONIONS.


Lightly Dehydrated Veggie Mix

-Collard Greens, 6 leaves, partially de-vein

Collard Green before Dehydrate

- Rinse collard green 
- Lay directly onto dehydrator screen. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for
   20 min to soften. It will be more malleable to use as a wrap.
   I tripled layered each wrap for reinforcement.
   *If  you are not going for 100% RAW blanching the collard wrap 
     also works!

Today was my fourth consecutive day of eating 100% Raw. I was 95% RAW for a year and a half. But this past Fall I started to crave Brown Rice and Lentils. Hardcore. I think it's really important to listen to your body. Now a sticky bun laden with shortening is not justifiable...Dan. However, I think it's important to have a good amount of RAW food in your diet. If I happen to wake up one morning and HAVE TO HAVE VEGAN SUSHI WITH BROWN RICE well I'll trek over to my mecca and get it. I am not into feeling deprived. It's an awful feeling and it's not what I am interested in promoting. I personally love eating RAW and I've had many a months working in RAW FOOD restaurants where I have learned A LOT. Anyway, I'll expand on that topic in a later post in the very near future. PROMISE!
Here are some benefits I've experienced from eating RAW for a period of time in the past:
Clearer skin
Thicker hair
Improved Sleep
Less hours needed for sleep to feel rested
Better Digestion
Less Bloating
Less Inflammation in Knees
Strong Immune System
More Energy and FOCUS

I'd like to end this post with a photo of HUGH. I think he passed out mid torture session with his sock monkey...he busted its nose.


No comments:

Post a Comment