Monday, January 9, 2012

KELP NOODLES AND KALE CHIPS


I recently purchased RAW Kelp NOODLES which I was excited to use for a new RAW dish.  They are GLUTEN-FREE and virtually flavorless- thus a blank canvas for whatever flavor profile your heart desires. I would have loved to make a sauce but I was low on ingredients....SO I did a straightforward meal with dehydrated veggies AND KALE CHIPS.

Rinse Noodles Before Use

After rinsing I placed them in a Medium bowl and added Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and Sea Salt to taste, a pinch of Black Sesame Seeds AND mixed.
  
Mise sans cabbage and black sesame seeds

I quartered 10 each Cherry tomatoes, sliced 1/4 ea Yellow Bell Pepper, 1/4 ea Orange Bell Pepper, 1 cup sliced Shiitake Mushrooms,  1/2 c Purple Cabbage. Seasoned with Olive oil and Sea salt then spread the mixture out on a dehydrator screen and placed it in dehydrator at 115 degrees.


 On a separate Dehydrator screen I de-stemmed 1 Bunch of Green Kale and mixed it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and Sea Salt to Taste. Dehydrate at 115 until desired texture is achieved. Kale chips are DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS. If you are craving crunchy foods but are avoiding mainstream chips try out KALE CHIPS!


Once the texture of the veggies were to my liking I mixed everything together and DEVOURED IT!





SUPER HUGH-MAN SLEEP REEL





No comments:

Post a Comment