Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oh BEANS!





The snow storm had me craving a hot meal for dinner. Luckily, I thought ahead about my meal after taking inventory of my fridge and cupboards. Black Beans and Broccoli Rabe were calling my name. I soaked the beans in the late morning so they were ready to cook by 7 pm. Soaking beans makes them more digestible and drastically cuts down on cooking time (thereby preserving more nutrients). I cooked the beans with garlic, ginger, white onion, vine-ripe tomato, sea salt, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. This is a one pot wonder. I simply added the chopped broccoli rabe to the pot to steam once the beans were fully cooked. I then garnished my bowl with Siena Farm pea greens. This dish took about an hour and was a protein rich meal.  



No comments:

Post a Comment