Monday, February 27, 2012

TRIP HOME FOR A BIRTHDAY DINNER




Dan, Hugh and I traveled home on Sunday for a family dinner with my parents and youngest sister. My mom texted me earlier in the week asking what Dan would like for dinner....she didn't bother asking the birthday girl... Apparently she knows me so well that she assumed that I would recite my standard request: salad, avocados, tomatoes, baked potato and veggies to sautee. She was right. I have been craving baked potatoes this month so I paired it up with sauteed Portobello mushrooms, Bell Peppers, cherry tomatoes, herbs, extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. It was a very relaxing day and I enjoyed getting out of the city and seeing my family. At the end of dinner when Hugh was working the table with his charming sweet ways, my mom offered to watch him since Dan and I have a busy work week. I couldn't really say no since he will have a lot more fun being busy throughout the day opposed to sleeping in the apartment waiting for our return.... I miss him.




On the trip to my parents' house Dan stopped at his job to pick up some wine for dinner... he was gone for at least 10 minutes and Hugh wouldn't take his eyes off the front door waiting for his return...

No comments:

Post a Comment