Wednesday, April 25, 2012

superfood on a log


I made myself a quick lunch before work. Organic Celery sticks, Sunflower Seed Butter, Flax and Chia Seeds. It wasn't the prettiest meal but it tasted great.





Dessert: Last Spicy Macaroon

 Yesterday I spent the day running errands with Dan. We traveled to Worcester where I was thrilled to visit a health food store. I decided to try out Sunflower Seed Butter rich in vitamin E, fiber and protein. I also found Emmy's Macaroons! We picked "Chai" and "Choco Chili" flavors. The "Chai" tasted great but the "Choco Chili" variety was a little too spicy... the combination of cayenne, cinnamon and ground chili flakes was too overpowering. These Macaroons are super dense so 1 cookie satiated my hunger for a chunk of the afternoon.

 

Yesterday's Chai Macaroons




No comments:

Post a Comment