Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Stew



Tonight I made a quick 4 quart soup for myself, (Dan's at work). It took 10 minutes to prep and an hour to simmer on the stove. I sauteed 1/4 cup of diced white onion and 1 portabella mushroom with olive oil and thyme leaves. I then added about a cup of dried lentils and 3+1/2 cups of water. I tossed in a diced tomato, yukon potato, collard greens and a cup of tomato sauce. I seasoned the soup with sea salt, cumin and lemon juice...










The tomato sauce is in a recycled pickle jar... and yes the pickles were THAT spicy. I can't tell if Dan got me the pickles to be considerate or just plain evil.... I know he enjoyed watching my ears smoke and face turn red hot. I still ate the whole jar in 2 sittings. 

                I ate the entire soup for dinner...comfortably full.

2 comments:

  1. You should check out my friend Izzy's vegan blog @ veganizzm.com for some inspiration and comparison of recipes! I know she'd appreciate and would probably return the favor if you message her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt! I will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete