Monday, August 20, 2012

Smoothie Run



I have been planning to go on a morning run for weeks, (Ask Dan- he thought this day would never come as I repeatedly pressed snooze on my alarm-clock for 2 weeks straight). But Today I FINALLY did it. I left my apt at 630 AM and ran for 30 minutes. My goal is to make it a morning routine! Afterwards, I rewarded myself with a green smoothie!




Green Smoothie Recipe
-1/2 c Frozen Pineapple: bromelain and manganese*
-6 ea Organic Frozen Strawberries: vitamin C, A, B-complex vitamins, silicon, fiber and potassium.*
-1/2 Organic Cucumber: silicon*
-6 Kale leaves: chlorophyll, calcium, iron, and vitamins A + C*
-2 Tbsp E3 Live: B vitamins, Chlorophyll
-2 Tbsp Organic Aloe Vera Juice: increase immune support, contains antibiotic, antiviral, antiparasitic and astringent properties*
-1 Tbsp Chia Seeds: protein, Omega 3
-1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds: Protein, Omega 3+6
-1 Tbsp Flax Oil: Omega 3
-Spring water (Just enough to blend): hydrating


Cheers!

* Wood, Rebecca, The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia

1 comment:

  1. Yum Linds! And Yay for running! Now if i could only motivate myself to get up in the mornings.... something to aspire to i guess!

    ReplyDelete