Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Mornings...




 I begin my day with a cup of warm water and the juice of half a lemon. Lemon is alkalizing to the body and revs up your digestion by stimulating bile production in the liver. It is super cleansing and pretty painless to consume.



Recently I rekindled my obsession with cantaloupe. A couple of weeks ago they were on sale 2 for $3 and I've been hooked ever since! Unfortunately they're back to $2.99 each... 
Cantaloupe is high in beta-carotene and potassium. Since melon has a high water content it is best to eat them solo to avoid fermentation in the stomach due to food combining. Wood, The new whole foods encyclopedia.



Three months ago I switched my skincare products over in search of healthier versions. I've been going crazy trying to find the perfect trio of products. In a nutshell my skin does not like change and its REBELLING. Hormonal imblance is also a likely culprit...
I started drinking this herbal tea about a week ago. Green tea is included so it's a welcome morning side-kick.


I got inspired by tara bliss's idea to add coconut oil to her morning tea. One word: Yum!


I also prepare an herbal skin saver ice tea for the evening... serving as the perfect dinner beverage. I boil 1 quart of water and then add a tea bag of red raspberry, rose hips and dandelion.


 Dandelion: Calcium, iron, magensium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc,vitamins B1,2,3 and C. Cleanses the blood and liver, and increases bile production. Improves functioning of the kidneys, pancreas, spleen and stomach.*

Rose Hips: Calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, vitamins B1, B2, B3, C and E. 

Red Raspberry Leaf: Calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, silicon, zinc and vitamins B1,2,3, C, and E. Promotes healthy nails, bones, teeth, and skin.*



I toss in the other half of lemon and let it cool in the fridge until I return in the evening. It's super refreshing and tasty!



Lastly, I take 3 tablespoons of E3 Live blue-green algae before I head to work.

* Prescription for Nutritional Healing

** IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION OR TAKING MEDICINE CONSULT A DOCTOR BEFORE ADDING HERBS OR SUPPLEMENTS TO YOUR DIET TO AVOID COMPLICATIONS. I AM NOT A DOCTOR OR A NUTRITIONIST. THIS IS JUST WHAT WORKS FOR ME. EVERY BODY IS DIFFERENT!

2 comments:

  1. I take all my vitamins before bed, is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take all my vitamins at night except for when they require two dosages a day (morning and night).

    ReplyDelete