Wednesday, December 21, 2011

ECO-FRIENDLY GIFT WRAP and CARDS

I really enjoy wrapping Christmas gifts but it pains me to spend $ 4.00 on paper and $3.00 on a card that are just going to be thrown away.  So... I like to go the creative route. I just wrapped a gift for Dan's mom using a page from Edible Boston magazine. It's a FREE magazine with great photographs. A number of cities have this magazine so look out for it. For this particular job I personalized her gift wrap by choosing a page that highlighted WORCESTER (where she lives). I also made cards using a page from the magazine that had a variety of 2x2 photographs. I cut out the small images and then stenciled the name onto it. After stenciling I taped cream card stock paper onto the back of the image and wrote a message. Who doesn't appreciate a homemade card?



Materials for gift wrap and cards

Page from Edible Boston turned into gift wrap

3 individual homemade Christmas cards







             

3 comments: