Sunday, June 17, 2012

SUPER GREEN



 

I have been planning to juice all spring and today was the day. Last week Dan ordered a bunch of greens from Verill Farm in Concord, MA. I have been eating greens twice a day for a week and I still have a shelf full. I refused to let them go bad so JUICING it is! 
I could have added an apple but I prefer bitter greens. If you are just beginning to juice and need to make the greens more palatable definitely add apple, beet, carrot or cantaloupe...the options are endless. 
Today I made a Skin Saver Juice:
Organic Dandelion Greens: Chlorophyll and vitamin A rich
Organic Radishes: Silicon rich
Organic Cucumber (Whole Foods), Silicon and Chlorophyll (from the skin)
Organic Lemon (WholeFoods), vitamin C rich and a great liver cleanser



I attempted to blend it together all at once but that was not working. So...I took all the produce out and juiced the cucumber and lemon (no rind) together first. I slowly added in the radishes and Dandelion. I also added just enough water to get the blender going. Once everything was blended I put it through a nut milk bag to extract the juice from the pulp. NOTE:You definitely do not need a juicer or blender to make juice. You can simply blend your produce in a food processor (adding just enough water to blend) and then put the puree through a nut milk bag OR cheesecloth.




Nut milk bag



Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. i hope you realize how amazing you are and that you have the best blog of all time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I hope you had an amazing summer. Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete