Tuesday, May 29, 2012

farmer's market dinner




This afternoon Dan and I visited the Farmer's Market in Copley to shop for dinner. We picked up:
 Radishes from Sienna
Strawberries, Hot house Tomatoes and Collard Greens from Atlas.
(I had baby bok choy from Verill Farm in my fridge along with Parsley, garlic, onions and brown rice).



While the rice cooked I cleaned and chopped up the veggies. Once the rice was almost ready I started sauteing. First I browned the garlic and added the sliced onions. I then added the chopped collard greens, diced tomatoes, and chopped radish greens. I seasoned everything with sea salt, lemon juice, fresh thyme, red chili flakes and cumin powder.



Once the rice was ready I added chopped parsley, radishes, sea salt,  lemon zest, brown rice vinegar and a pinch of cayenne pepper

2 comments:

  1. Linds, Your pictures are so pretty, what camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have a Casio digital. I got it for my 21st birthday and finally started to use it for the blog.

    ReplyDelete